Dental Implants: Permanent Dentures Replacement
Gone are the days of suffering from bare gums or uncomfortable dentures. Dental implants are a modern alternative to dentures and provide a better quality of life for patients.
Disadvantages of Bare Gums
- When teeth are missing in the jaw, resorption starts leading to a collapsed face long-term which can make a person appear older than they are
- Eating and speaking can be difficult
- Lessened quality of life
- Low self-esteem
Disadvantages of Dentures
- Uncomfortable and do not look natural
- Limited taste sensation
- Often suffer from bad breath
- Must be very careful when eating and can rarely eat foods that are crunchy or chewy
- Result in self-consciousness during social gatherings
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Dentures
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth while offering many cosmetic and health benefits to patients.
What Makes Dental Implants the Best Choice?
- Very natural-looking tooth replacement
- Re-establishes lost lip support
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, marionette lines, or a witches’ chin
- Eliminates the need for messy adhesives
- Eliminates pain caused by ill-fitting dentures
- Helps restore natural chewing capacity because of increased stability
- Properly taste food and feel the difference between hot and cold
- Preserves the remaining bone and maintains the integrity of the facial structure
- Allows you to eat what you want when you want, where you want
Implant-supported dentures are held in place not just by the gums, but also by remaining teeth or metal posts implanted into the jawbone. They allow for increased confidence in eating and talking. Because this type of denture is removable, you’ll be able to snap it on and off to clean. The snap or "clip" happens when the denture is pressed gently onto the head of the implants, which provides a removable solution and a stronger bite. Implant-supported dentures provide patients with more confident smiles, and improved quality of life while eating a wider variety of foods.
Stabilize Your Denture with Dental Implants
For those with dentures who want a more reliable solution but aren’t looking to replace their dentures completely, or if you have conventional dentures but aren’t wearing them for some reason, consider implant-supported dentures. As few as two dental implants can stabilize your conventional dentures and offer reliable function.
Benefits of an implant-supported overdenture:
- Removable for easy care
- Structured to give full implant-supported function
- Preserves the bone and prevents further deterioration of the facial structure
- Prevents health problems that would normally occur with complete tooth loss
Overall, it’s important to remember that dental implants are an investment in your future: they will improve your overall oral health, your quality of life, and your confidence for years to come. Schedule an appointment today to discuss your current situation and discover how dental implants can change your life.
Ready to Get Started?
Request an appointment with Dr. Pape by clicking the button below.